Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Assistive Technology

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B71anbUDncG9MFdpQjYyQmZtM0U/edit?usp=drive_web
Assistive Technology PowerPoint

The assistive technology assignment was a good one to do. I enjoyed learning options that were already on the computer that I could use when teaching students with disabilities. I did not know about all the features that were available on the computer. At first it was a bit hard to do the project because I did not fully understand the directions but once I asked my teacher everything became quite clear. For this assignment we had to explore the computer features that are available for individuals with hearing and vision problems. Once we found each one we were to take a screen shot of it and post it on a PowerPoint.
Doing this lesson not only taught me about assistive technology available on the computer but also how to use screen shot. I was excited to learn this because I feel that is will definitely be useful throughout the rest of my college career as well as when I being my career as an educator. It will allow me to save time when trying to show students how to get to a site. I can not only tell them but include pictures of what the screen should look like.
After completing this assignment I fell better equipped to help my students who have trouble seeing information on the computer or hear what is being said on the computer. As stated before the only challenge I faced was getting an understanding as to what exactly the assignment called for me to do. This assignment met the NETS-T standard three.

No comments:

Post a Comment